I’ve been on a bit of a frugal blogging kick of late. Check out my post about supermarket savings over on mydeal.com.au.
But right now I want to talk to you guys about another money saving tip.
Here’s a fun little weekend project that will take about 10 minutes and will last you for a while!! No matter how tired you are, you should always remove your makeup. Until I found this recipe, I got my makeup remover from the department store and it was over $15. This will cost you a fraction of that and like I said earlier, will last you a good little while!
All you need is a mason jar or round container, large round cotton pads, 1.5 cups of water, 2 T tear-free baby shampoo and 1/4 t of baby oil! The baby shampoo and baby oil can both be found in the little travel section of most stores for $1 or less!
In a large bowl just mix together your water, shampoo, and oil.
Add enough of this solution to cover the bottom of the container, and put about 10 pads in there. Once those are used up, add 10 more, making sure to cover them with the solution! How easy is that? How GREAT does it smell?
We’ve included FREE labels so you can decorate your jar as you’d like or make this as a gift for friends!
DIY Makeup Remover Pads Labels
- Mason Jar or Round Container
- Large Round Cotton Pads
- 1½ cup Water
- 2 tbsp Tear-Free Baby Shampoo
- ¼ tsp Baby Oil
- In a large bowel mix together the Water, Shampoo and Oil.
- Add enough of your solution to cover the bottom of your mason jar or container.
- Add in approximately 10 Pads (allow to soak up the solution.
- Continue to add about 10 pads at a time pouring solution over each set to allow coverage.